Appearance and Tree Committee – February 17, 2020
Approve minutes from 1/6/2020
TreesCharlotte Tree Store 2/1/2020
362 trees given away
400 bags of mulch purchased
$1,000 in budget went to purchase mulch. Ralph
Ramseur paid for the difference from his budget
130 people in line by 8:30.
Event opened at 9:00
Thank you notes sent to TreesCharlotte (Zack Agerton) and Matthews United Methodist Church
Thank you so much! The success of the event goes to you and your team as well! You all were such a great group to work with and I hope we work together again!
Review of site
Matthews Living Legacy Tree Program
• Brochure from Town Website
• Potential sites: Matthews Elementary School, Seaboard
• Contacted Historical Foundation
Erosion of Greenway/Heritage Trail
• Bioswales installed this past fall
• Will flags be replaced around town ?
• Update on plant installations
Arbor Day Event
• Tree Planting? Type? Location?
• Library Disply?
• Something for kids?
• Installation of plaque for Legacy Tree
Budget for invasive plant removal
• Input from Ralph
Future Tree Stores